- Access to Information Manual, Dec 2017. A guide on how members of the public can access information held by the Government Communication and Information System.
- Best practice guidelines for the procurement of marketing, advertising and PR services/products, 2008 [PDF] 293 kb. Guidelines on procedures for the procurement of marketing, advertising and PR.
- Communication protocol for Madiba's state funeral.
- Corporate identity and branding guidelines, 2005. Guidelines for the use of the national Coat of Arms.
- Editorial Style Guide, March 2013 [PDF] 2 181 kb. Guidelines for government communicators, including checklists for various forms of writing, using plain language and principles of English grammar.
- Government Communication Policy, 22 August 2018
- Government Communicators' Handbook, 2014/2017. Guidelines and reference tools for government communicators around government communication.
- Government Segmentation Model 2nd Edition Booklet
- Guidelines on government communication during an election period, 2019 [PDF] 176 kb
- Language policy [English] June 2016
- Marketing, Advertising and Communication Sector Charter 7 Dec 2015 [PDF] 1025 kb
- Marketing communication sponsorship guidelines for government, June 2007 [PDF] 58 kb. A framework for government departments and institutions to engage in sponsorship activities.
- Policy guidelines for South African Government websites [PDF] 320 kb. Guidelines for South African government web managers.
- Research guidelines for government communicators, Jan 2009 [PDF] 65 kb. Guidelines for government communicators on doing communication research.
- Strategising for communication, 2014-2017 [PDF] 194 kb. An outline of the process of strategising for government communication.
- Website guidelines for government departments
- Government communication unit standards. Unit standards in communication studies as set by the Standards Generating Body.