Intergovernmental Coordination and Stakeholder Management provides leadership and strategic advice to the provincial and local government communication systems. Its purpose is to strengthen the system of government communication and implement development communication through unmediated communication through sound stakeholder relations and partnerships; and to ensure that the public is informed about government policies and programmes to improve their lives.
The programme also coordinates the roll-out of the Thusong Service Centre programme as part of the government-wide access strategy.
The purpose of the branch is to:
- provide strategic leadership in government communication
- strengthen and manage the government-wide communication system for effectiveness and proper alignment
- build partnerships with strategic stakeholders in pursuit of Government Communication and Information System’s vision.
The branch comprises the following business units:
- Cluster Supervision: Economic Sector and Employment; Infrastructure Development; Justice, Crime Prevention and Security; International Cooperation, Trade and Security clusters
- Cluster Supervision: Human Development; Social Protection and Community Development; Governance and Administration clusters
- Media Engagement
- Provincial and Local Liaison