Chief Director: Social Protection, Community and Human Development; Governance, State Capacity and Institutional Development Clusters
Mr Sifiso Ike Moshoetsi
Tel: 012 473 0147
Secretary: Phuti Maja
Tel: 012 472 0237
Government departments are clustered according to key priorities to encourage integrated planning, effective decision-making, information-sharing and sound intergovernmental relations. There are seven government clusters, each led by directors-general (DGs) of related departments.
The Government Communication and Information System (GCIS) coordinates the communication clusters that comprises of the Heads of Communication of relevant national departments that form part of the specific cluster, joined by a supporting team from the GCIS. The communication cluster accounts to the respective Directors-General cluster.
Communication clusters mirror the Cabinet clusters and thereby enable the developing of communication plans that emanate from Cabinet.
Clusters provide a platform for joint planning and collective implementation of government programmes by communicators.
The role of cluster is to:
- ensure that government communication is aligned, integrated and responsive to the immediate communication and information needs of the cluster
- ensure that communication clusters coordinate and plan communication, identify new platforms and communication opportunities, and design communication programmes and campaigns
- assess and plan for issues arising from Cabinet and DGs' clusters
- ensure a functioning Internal Communicators’ Forum
- ensure that information and experiences are shared amongst government communicators
- identify training and development needs of government communicators based on the national communication strategy, government policies and overall government communication objectives.
Clusters under the Chief Directorate
|Social Protection, Community and Human Development (SPCHD)||Governance, State Capacity and Institutional Development (GSCID)|
Co-Chairs: Basic Education and Health
Co-Chair: Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs and Public Service & Administration
Director: Social Protection, Community and Human Development; Governance, State Capacity and Institutional Development Clusters
Ms Phumeza Bangani
Tel: 012 473 0235
Secretary: Ms Thobile Maloba
Tel: 012 473 0270
The role of the Director is to:
- manage the coordination of communication clusters
- provide strategic communication support and advice to clusters and departments on their campaigns, programmes and projects
- ensure that cluster communication programmes are implemented implemented through the cluster coordinators
- facilitate the development of communication strategies for clusters, departments and campaigns through the cluster coordinators
- review communication strategies to ensure alignment to the National Communication Strategy
- coordinate the biannual Internal Communicators’ Forum and ensure regular information sharing with Internal Communicators
- provide support to cluster media engagements
- oversee the maintenance of the government communication system,encompassing cascading of the national communication strategy to clusters and departments, government communicators’ contact database and calendar of events.
Social Protection, Community and Human Development
Ms Tebatso Bogopa
Tel: 012 473 0299
Governance, State Capacity and Institutional Development Clusters
Ms Itumeleng Bokaba
Tel: 012 473 0107
The role of the cluster coordinators is to:
- convene cluster meetings
- compile DGs' cluster reports
- develop communication strategies and programmes, departmental strategies for cluster, departmental programmes and campaigns
- ensure clusters, departments and campaigns have communication strategies and assist those without them
- produce cluster-related key messages, fact sheets and other content documents.
Director: Communication Training and Development
Tel: 012 473 0204
Secretary: Tebogo Manthata
Tel: 012 473 0208
- manages the coordination of training of communicators
- Coordinates the induction of political principals
- provides strategic training of communicators on their campaigns, programmes and projects
- reviews communication strategies to ensure alignment to the National Communication Strategy
- Produce communication training products
- Review communication training programme and introduce new programmes