In line with government's mandate to make information accessible to all and bring government closer to the people, Government Communication and Information System has published the 2017/18 Official Guide to South Africa.
Content of the quick-fact, easy-to-read publication is largely based on information contained in the latest edition of the South Africa Yearbook, which is also published by the Government Communication and Information System.
Similar to the objectives of the SA Yearbook, the Official Guide is also aimed at providing a useful reference tool to inform South Africans and the world of efforts of government and the people of South Africa to create a better life for all.
Access the eBook version.
- Cover and foreword [PDF] 554 kb
- South Africa at a glance [PDF] 419 kb
- History [PDF] 338 kb
- South Africa’s people [PDF] 264 kb
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries [PDF] 438 kb
- Arts and Culture [PDF] 586 kb
- Communications [PDF] 437 kb
- Economy and Finance [PDF] 1 255 kb
- Education [PDF] 1 101 kb
- Energy and Water [PDF] 332 kb
- Environment [PDF] 921 kb
- Government [PDF] 963 kb
- Health [PDF] 711 kb
- Human Settlements [PDF] 794 kb
- International Relations [PDF] 857 kb
- Justice and Correctional Services [PDF] 809 kb
- Mineral Resources [PDF] 1 400 kb
- Police and Defence [PDF] 2 001 kb
- Provinces [PDF] 1 778 kb
- Rural Development and Land Reform [PDF] 1 851 kb
- Science and Technology [PDF] 722 kb
- Social Development [PDF] 851 kb
- Sport and Recreation [PDF] 922 kb
- Tourism [PDF] 828 kb
- Transport [PDF] 1 091 kb
- Reference list [PDF] 768 kb
Editor: Elias Tibane
Tel: 012 473 0069