In line with government's mandate to make information accessible to all and bring government closer to the people, Government Communications (GCIS) has published the third edition of the Pocket Guide to South Africa 2005.
Content of the quick-fact, easy-to-read publication is largely based on information contained in the latest edition of the South Africa Yearbook, which is also published by the GCIS.
Similar to the objectives of the SA Yearbook, the Pocket Guide is also aimed at providing a useful reference tool to inform South Africans and the world on the efforts of government and the people of South Africa to create a better life for all.
- Foreword by President Thabo Mbeki [PDF] 268 kb
- History of South Africa [PDF] 180 kb
- South Africa's People [PDF] 206 kb
- Government [PDF] 297 kb
- The Provinces [PDF] 274 kb
- The Economy [PDF] 236 kb
- National Finances [PDF] 252 kb
- Doing Business in South Africa [PDF] 219 kb
- Foreign Affairs [PDF] 195 kb
- Communications [PDF] 237 kb
- Transport [PDF] 219 kb
- Agriculture, Forestry and Land [PDF] 269 kb
- Minerals and Mining [PDF] 249 kb
- Energy and Water [PDF] 192 kb
- Education [PDF] 227 kb
- Science and Technology [PDF] 184 kb
- Housing [PDF] 177 kb
- Safety and Security [PDF] 186 kb
- Justice and Correctional Services [PDF] 208 kb
- Social Development [PDF] 153 kb
- Environment [PDF] 263 kb
- Arts and Culture [PDF] 294 kb
- Tourism [PDF] 251 kb
- Health [PDF] 395 kb
- Sport and Recreation [PDF] 213 kb
Editor: Delien Burger
Tel: 012 314 2410
Fax: 012 323 2557
How to order:
To obtain a copy of the SA Yearbook 2005 or Pocket Guide to South Africa 2005, please e-mail your request to email@example.com, stating your postal address, physical address and telephone numbers.