The Government Communication and Information System in partnership with the GIZ and UN Women will on Wednesday, 24 November 2021, host a virtual panel discussion webinar on Gender Based Violence (GBV) in the film industry.
The panel discussion aims to:
- Raise awareness about GBV with specific focus on the film industry
- Communicate government efforts to deal with BV and support available.
- Encourage victims and witnesses of the different forms of GBV to seek help from sources of support including law enforcement.
Details are as follows:
Date: Wednesday, 24 November 2021
Platform: Zoom https://gcis.zoom.us/j/93934776009?pwd=Yll2bGdXUzhTc3VkYWVjUHRzSk01UT09
- Onke Dumeko – National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF)
- Masechaba Khumalo – Spokesperson to Minister of the Department of Sport, Arts & Culture, Nathi Mthethwa
- Sisters Working in the Film & Television (SWIFT)
Media Participation: Journalists may view the webinar via live streaming on the following social media link below:
RSVP To Vanessa on Vanessa@gcis.gov.za
Cell: 083 276 0786