20 April 2022
The Government Communication and Information System (GCIS) is hosting a round table discussion with experts on how media can report stories of immigration and anti-foreign sentiments in a manner that fosters social cohesion.
The roundtable discussion seeks:
- To explore expert views on how the media can play a meaningful role in fostering social cohesion
- To explore whether the South African media are capacitated to report on immigration and anti-foreign sentiment stories and the sensitivities that they need to navigate.
Details of the round table discussion:
Date: Friday, 22 April 2022
Platform: Virtual- MS Teams
Click here to join the meeting
1. International Organizational for Immigration (IOM)
2. William Bird- Media Monitoring Africa
3. Sophie Mokoena- SABC Foreign Editor
Enquiries: William Baloyi 083 390 7147
Issued by: Government Communications
Media Statement date:
Wednesday, April 20, 2022