10 March 2022
Members of the media are advised that government Ministers and MECs will host a series of activities ahead of the Presidential Imbizo scheduled to take place in Mahikeng, North West on Saturday, 12 March 2022.
The activities include a session between the Minister in Presidency, Mondli Gungubele and Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (CoGTA), Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma and the North West Provincial Executive led by Premier, Bushy Maape.
The primary objective of this session is to discuss ways and strategies, which can enable the implementation of the District Development Model (DDM).
The media programme for the build-up activities scheduled for Friday, 11 March 2022 are as follows and times allocated for media interactions at the various events:
- Minister of Transport , Fikile Mbabula will do an inspection of the Broadbent road and lead a Taxi Relief Fund (TRF) awareness:
Time: 08h30 and 15h00: Road inspection and Taxi Relief Fund awareness
Venue: N12 Wolmaransstad, North West (08h30) and Seasons Conference Venue (15h00)
- Minister of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development, Thoko Didiza will engage with rural women in agriculture, agro-processing and agri-business:
Time: 10h25 - 11h00: Keynote address by the Minister
Venue: Kgora Training Centre, Mahikeng
- Minister of Human Settlements, Mamoloko Kubayi will handover title deeds to qualifying beneficiaries in Ditsobotla Municipality:
Time: 11h00: media interaction and photo opportunity
Venue: Itsoseng Community Hall
- Deputy Minister in The Presidency, Pinky Kekana will lead a frontline service delivery monitoring visit in Mahikeng, North West Province.
Time: 10h00: interaction with Mafikeng Provincial Hospital Management and
11h35-12h15: Walkabout at Thuthuzela and vaccination centers
Venue: Mafikeng Provincial Hospital
- Minister in The Presidency, Mondli Gungubele and CoGTA Minister Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma will engage North West Executive Council:
Time: 13h00: Media photo opportunity and doorstop interaction
Venue: Mmabatho Palms Conference Centre, Mahikeng, North West
Members of media who have applied for accreditation to cover Presidential Imbizo in Mahikeng, North West Province are advised to collect accreditation cards.
Details of collection of media accreditation are as follows:
Date: Friday, 11 March 2022
Time: 10h00 – 16h00
Venue: Disaster Management Centre, Corner Vryburg Road and Rhodes Crescent Road in Empirial Reserve, Mahikeng
NB: Members of the media are advised to bring along their Press cards/ ID books when collecting their accreditation cards. Also, note that individuals have to collect their own accreditation at the centre.
Enquiries for accreditation should be directed to: Abigail Batala on 078 820 7690
General media enquiries: Brian Setswambung on 076 012 4501 or William Baloyi on 083 390 7147