13 November 2021
Media guidelines for the Intra Africa Trade Fair
The IATF2021 is the African continent’s premier trade and investment event taking place in Durban from 15-21 November 2021. Its attractions will include more than 1 000 exhibitors from across Africa showcasing their goods and services. The seven-day exhibition will include a packed programme of conference sessions featuring key leading African and international thought leaders and experts.
Attending the event will provide unparalleled access to captains of industry, senior government ministers, trade finance and advisory specialists, trade and economic organisations, senior executives from corporates and multinationals, and innovative entrepreneurs in one venue.
The South African pavilion will host companies that are supported by government, thus giving these companies an opportunity to showcase their products and services.
Online registrations are closed, you are however still able to register onsite, please bring proof of identification for this process.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance for this.
For any technical registration queries, please contact email@example.com
Please note that registration will be open throughout the IATF event.
There is a processing period of accreditation of 24 to 48 hours before accreditation is approved. If you have been successfully approved via email, the following accreditation process will apply:
- Live accreditation for media that has successfully registered is taking place at the Durban Exhibition Centre Central Parking from 12 to 21 November 2021.
- The Media Accreditation Centre will operate from 09:00 to 18:00
Required Documents for Live Accreditation:
- A copy of a valid passport/ID, press card or equivalent identification
- A letter of assignment on a letterhead from the journalist’s organisation, indicating his/her function.
Access to media facilities will be available only to accredited media representatives and press officers. Access is open to bona fide journalists, broadcasters, photographers, film and television camera crews and technicians.
A Media Centre will be available at the Inkosi Albert Luthuli International Conference Centre.
A general work area will be provided at the Media Centre. A limited number of seats will also be available. Please be advised that we are observing COVID-19 protocols.
There will be lane closures around the venue.
IATF broad programme
The IATF conference programme is available on: https://www.intrafricantradefair.com/en
Media coverage of the conference
All sessions are open to the media.
Journalists are advised to make sure they arrive at the venue in good time so as to clear all entry security procedures before the meetings start.
The Hashtags that are being used for the IATF are:
Main Hashtags: #IATF2021 #IATFINSA21 #AfCFTA
Secondary Hashtags for South Africa: #BelieveInSouthAfrica #BuyMadeInSouthAfrica
We encourage media to use the main hashtags on all their communication.
For more information on IATF, please follow us on the following social media platforms:
Twitter handles: @iatf2021, @AfCFTA
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/intrafricantradefair/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/intrafricantradefair/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/intra-africa-trade-fair/
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/GovernmentZA
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/GovernmentZA
- YouTube: http://youtube.com/GovernmentZA
- Website: https://www.intrafricantradefair.com
Government Communication and Information System (GCIS) is the lead media interview coordinator on behalf of government.
Cell: 072 856 4288
Cell: 079 605 2659
Cell: 082 828 8739
Tel: 012 394 1643
Cell: 079 5083 457
WhatsApp: 074 299 8512
Cell: 082 884 2403
Cell: 061 488 0634