26 August 2021
GCIS International Media Engagement is hosting Africa’s Webinar on Informing, Empowering Women and Enhancing Gender Equality.
The Government Communication and Information System in partnership with Brand South Africa and Binti Afrika Konnect invites you to Africa’s Webinar on informing, empowering women and enhancing gender equality taking place on Monday, 30 August 2021.
August is celebrated as Women’s Month and it provides an opportunity to pay tribute to the generations of women whose struggles laid the foundations for the progress in realising a conducive environment which enables women to prosper.
In line with gender equality goals, the emphasis will be on elevating the voices of ordinary women across sectors of society under the banner of “What Women Want”. This should in turn provide further impetus to strategic interventions which will ensure the radical transformation of gender relations and the political, social and economic empowerment of women, including young women and those with disabilities.
The empowerment of women is about transformation of society, particularly the transformation of unequal power relations between women and men, and fundamental changes to institutions and laws.
The aim of the event is to create a platform for various stakeholders and the media to exchange information on empowering women and achieving gender equality to achieve inclusive growth across all sectors.
You are hereby invited to attend the Webinar which will take place as follows:
Date: Monday, 30 August 2021
Time: 15:00 CAT
Zoom Link: https://gcis.zoom.us/j/91062947889?pwd=S1lSWnVmSFhQcXlPT1BzSVBZMzF5dz09
The speakers for the Webinar are:
- Ms Pumela Salela: UK Country Head: Brand South Africa (Programme Director)
- Dr Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka: Executive Director of United Nations (UN) Women
- Dr Stergomena Tax: Executive Secretary of the Southern African Development Community
- Ms Valerie Ndeneingo-Sia Msoka: A seasoned journalist from Tanzania. One of the Founding members of the Tanzania Media Women Association and Chairperson of the Tanzania ending Child Marriage Network. Binti Afrika co-founder and Western Africa Editor
- Ms Mmabatlharo Nono Dihemo: Senior Gender Advisor at the United Nations Assistance Mission for Afghanistan, Women’s rights and minority’s rights activist and advocate for gender equality. Binti Afrika co-founder and Southern Africa Editor
- Ms Hoden Musa-Ahmed: Research Officer and Binti Afrika co-founder and Horn Editor
- Ms Victoria Rowan: Media Strengthening Project Officer and BintiAfrika co-founder and Eastern/Central Africa Editor
- Closing Remarks by GCIS Director General, Ms Phumla Williams
Ms Mpho Sekgaphola
Send WhatsApp message to +27 79 605 2659.
For more information, contact:
Mr Ayanda Hollow
Cell: 27 61 488 0634
Ms Mmemme Mogotsi
Cell: 27 72 856 4288