The Government Communication and Information System in partnership with Digify Africa will tomorrow, 29 March 2022, host a webinar on building a safer internet space for children.
The webinar is a platform to educate children, educators, parents and the broader public about responsible online citizenry and ways to effectively safeguard children from harm within the internet space.
The webinar aims to deliberate on the following:
- Highlighting the importance of online safety
- Recommending interventions to protect children online
- Promotion of responsible digital citizenry
- Highlighting the risks of oversharing on social media
- Encouraging parents to monitor their children’s online activity more closely.
Representatives from The Film and Publication Board and Media Monitoring Africa will form part of the panellists.
Details of the webinar are as follows:
Date: 29 March 2022
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Live streaming: http://twitter.com/GCISMedia
Enquiries: Tshegofatso Modubu on 083 276 0786