The Government Communication and Information System in collaboration with the Association of Independent Publishers (AIP) and Pan South African Language Board (PanSALB) will host a webinar on the current state of indigenous languages in South Africa, and the need to promote usage and preservation.
This webinar hosted seeks to:
- Encourage South Africans to be deliberate in their usage and preservation of their languages for the benefit of future generations and self-identity.
- Highlight personal and country risks of embracing English whilst abdicating indigenous languages to the side.
- Cultivate a sense of pride in using and preserving indigenous language
The media is invited to cover this webinar. Details are as follows:
Date: Thursday, 30 September 2021
Link: https://gcis.zoom.us/j/91443037435?pwd=ZjNDNm5ZK3JORHNxNkw4S2dOeEZYUT09 Webinar ID: 914 4303 7435 Passcode: 963503
- Prof Simphiwe Sesanti - University of the Western Cape
- Mbali Dhlomo – AIP Chairperson and Board Member
- Xolisa Tshongolo - PANSALB Senior Provincial Manager for Eastern Cape
Media Participation: Journalists may view the webinar via live streaming on the following social media link below:
RSVP to Ignicious Masilela on email: Ignicious@gcis.gov.za
Enquiries: Pheliswa Sebati on 0824134609