Government has scheduled the following briefings/activities for the week: 06 – 12 August 2018. The activities, which are aligned to the National Development Plan and outlined in the Medium Term Strategic Framework 2014-2019, are undertaken to build a better South Africa.
- The Minister of Basic Education, Ms Angie Motshekga and Eastern Cape Education MEC, Mr Mandla Makupula, will on Monday 06 August, mark the centenary of two South African Stalwarts, Mama Albertina Sisulu and former President Nelson Mandela in Elliotdale, outside Mthatha in the Eastern Cape at 10h00. In addition to celebrating the lives of these icons, the day will see learners, principals and various stakeholders commemorating the day with a special focus on Social Cohesion and Literacy in schools through the department’s ‘’Read to Lead’’ campaign.
- The Minister of Small Business Development, Ms Lindiwe Zulu, will on Monday 6 August, officially launch the TuksNovation High-Tech Business Incubator at the University of Pretoria, at the Hatfield Campus in Pretoria.
- The Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Dr Zweli Mkhize, will on Monday 6 August provide a progress report on the municipal recovery programme at the CoGTA Offices, in Arcadia, Pretoria
- Cabinet will hold its Lekgotla from the 7 to 8 of August at Sefako Makgatho Presidential Guesthouse in Pretoria. The Minister of Communications, Ms Nomvula Mokonyane will brief the media ahead of the Cabinet Lekgotla. The photo opportunity and address will take place on Tuesday, 7 August at 10h30.
- The Deputy Minister of Communications, Ms Pinky Kekana will on Wednesday, O8 August, attend the Women’s Dialogue at the Major Sports Hall, Cape Peninsula University of Technology in Bellville Campus at 18h00.
- On 9 August the country will commemorate Women’s Day under the theme: “100 Years of Albertina Sisulu, Woman of Fortitude: Women United in Moving South Africa Forward”. President Cyril Ramaphosa will deliver the key note address at the national event which will be held at Mbekweni Rugby Stadium, Paarl in the Western Cape.
All members of the media are advised that the media briefings/activities are subject to change. However, the GCIS will update the media through advisories.
Ms Phumla Williams
Acting GCIS Director-General
Cell: 083 501 0139
Issued by Government Communication and Information System