5 February 2019
Government has scheduled the following briefings/activities for the week: 04 - 10 February 2019. The activities, which are aligned to the National Development Plan and outlined in the Medium Term Strategic Framework 2014-2019, are undertaken to build a better South Africa.
- From 4 -5 February, the Department of Arts and Culture will host the South African Film Summit at Skyrink Studios, in Johannesburg Gauteng. The Summit will be held under the theme: “Transformation and innovation in the South African Film/Audio-Visual Industry and the 4th Industrial Revolution. Are we geared for change?”
- The Investing in African Mining Indaba, which takes place from 4-7 February 2019 under the theme, Championing Africa’s Sustainable Economic Development, is a global event that provides a global perspective on the African mining. President Cyril Ramaphosa is confirmed to attend Investing in African Mining Indaba. The Minister of Mineral Resources, Mr Gwede Mantashe, and his Cabinet colleagues will visit the South African Exhibition stand (stand number 614). The Department of Trade and Industry in collaboration with the Department of Mineral Resources and Brand South Africa will host the South African Investment Roundtable on the margins of the African Mining Indaba in Cape Town on 5 February. Team South Africa’s theme for this year’s Indaba is Invest in South African Mining.
- The Minister in the Presidency Dr Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, will attend the Presidential Infrastructure Championing Initiative meeting with 8 of her African counterparts. The meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, 5 February, in Cape Town.
- On Tuesday, 05 February, the Minister of Energy, Mr Jeff Radebe, will deliver the key note address at South African National Energy Development Institute’s (SANEDI) Energy Breakfast. The energy breakfast will take place at the Cape Town International Conference Centre at 07h00.
- The Deputy Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Mr Andries Nel, will on Tuesday, 5 February convene a meeting with the Ethics Institute to explore partnership possibilities aimed at developing a code for ethical governance in municipalities in Pretoria.
- South Africa’s fruit and vegetable export capabilities will be on full display to the world when the Department of Trade and Industry showcases twenty-five of the finest local fruit and vegetable exporting companies at the 27th edition of the Fruit Logistica Trade Fair that will take place in Berlin, Germany from 6-8 February 2019.
- The Department of Government Communication and Information System in partnership with PRIMEDIA Broadcasting, National Lotteries Commission, Media24 and Diageo, will on Wednesday,06 February, host a Pre-SoNA Networking Cocktail at Nasdas, Media24 Centre in Cape Town at 18h30.
- President Cyril Ramaphosa will on Thursday, 7 February, deliver the last State of the Nation Address for the fifth and current Parliament in Cape Town at 19h00. This State of the Nation Address will also signify South Africa’s marking of 25 years of freedom and democracy.
- The Department of Public Service and Administration will host the Annual Presidential Golf Challenge, on Friday, 08 February in Cape Town, part of the State of the Nation Address activities.
- From 8 to 9 February, the Department of Science and Technology will host Off-the-Wall Human Settlements Showcase at CSIR, Building 50, Knowledge Commons in Pretoria. The event, a first for the country, is part of a process to develop and adopt the Science, Technology and Innovation for Sustainable Human Settlement Roadmap that is due for completion in September this year.
- From 7-8 February, the Council for the Built Environment will host its second annual Transformation Indaba at the CSIR Conference Centre in Pretoria. The Minister of Public Works, MR Thulas Nxesi, will deliver the keynote address at the event.
All members of the media are advised that the media briefings/activities are subject to change. However, the GCIS will update the media through advisories.
Ms Phumla Williams
Acting GCIS Director-General
Cell: 083 501 0139
Issued by Government Communication and Information System