30 September 2019
- The Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology, Dr Blade Nzimande will on Monday, 30 September, address the National Skills Authority’s (NSA) Board end of term handover function, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosebank, Johannesburg at 17h00.
- President Cyril Ramaphosa will on Tuesday, 01 October, officiate the launch of the Health Sector Anti-Corruption Forum (HSACF) at the Union Buildings in Pretoria at 10h00. The Forum is a collaboration among various stakeholders in the fight against fraud and corruption in the health sector who will together to prevent, detect and prosecute fraud and corruption.
- The Deputy MInister in the Presidency for Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities, Prof Hlengiwe Mkhize and Deputy Minister of Communications and Digital Technologies, Ms. Pinky Kekana, will participate at the World Youth Summit Act 2, hosted by the South African BRICS Youth Association (SAYBA) in Johannesburg, South Africa. Under the theme “SDG-4 Promoting Quality Education”, the Summit taking place from 30 September to 2 October, will gather over 200 diversified youths from across the world and will take place at the University of the Witwatersrand.
- The Minister of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries, Ms Barbara Creecy, will on Tuesday, 1 October, deliver the keynote address at the opening of the 10th Oppenheimer Research Conference. The Conference, themed Advancing Conservation Consciousness, is being held from 1 to 3 October, in Randjiesfontein, Midrand.
- From 30 September to 01 October, the Public Service Commission in partnership with the South Africa-European Union Strategic Partnership’s Dialogue Facility and the University of South Africa will host a Dialogue at the Royal Elephant Hotel in Centurion. The main objective of the Dialogue is to create a platform for knowledge building and experience sharing between like-minded European Union and South African stakeholders on the critical challenges and opportunities related to strengthening ethics and integrity in public administration.
- The Statistician-General of South Africa, Mr Risenga Maluleke, will on Thursday, 3 October release the Victims of Crime 2018/19 report. The media briefing will be held at GCIS Ronnie Mamoepa Media Centre, in Pretoria at 10h30, with a video link to Imbizo Media Centre in Cape Town.
- Government Communication and Information System will on Thursday, 3 October, hold a Women in Media dialogue at GCIS Ronnie Mamoepa Media Centre, in Pretoria at 12h30. The dialogue will be held under theme: “Dynamic for gender representatives and GBV for women in media and communications”
All members of the media are advised that the media briefings/activities are subject to change. However, the GCIS will update the media through advisories.
Ms Phumla Williams
Acting GCIS Director-General
Mobile: 083 501 0139
Issued by: Government Communication and Information System