Government has scheduled the following briefings/activities for the week: 03 – 09 December 2018. The activities, which are aligned to the National Development Plan and outlined in the Medium Term Strategic Framework 2014-2019, are undertaken to build a better South Africa.
- The Minister of Police, Bheki Cele, together with National Commissioner General Khehla John Sitole, will today Monday, 03 December, visit Port Elizabeth to address gang related killings and crimes in the Northern areas.
- The Minister for the Public Service and Administration, Ms Ayanda Dlodlo will on Monday, 3 December, conduct a visit to the Lebombo border post to assess the state of the facility and its readiness to manage immigration services during the demanding festive season. The Minister will also host a Service Delivery Imbizo with the community of KaMaqhekeza in the border town of Komatipoort.
- The Department of Correctional Services will launch Operation Vala on Monday, 3 December, at Baviaanspoort Correctional Centre in Pretoria at 10h00.
- From 3 to 6 December, the Department of Science and Technology will host the 4th National Conference on Global Change at Bolivia Lodge in Polokwane. The Minister of Science and Technology, Ms Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubani will address the conference on Monday, at 08h30.
- The Deputy Minister of Labour, iNkosi Phathekila and Compensation Fund Commissioner, Vuyo Mafata will on Tuesday, 4 December, engage stakeholders at Southern Sun, Elangeni & Maharani Hotel at 18h00.
- The Department of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, will on Tuesday, 04 December, host a consultative workshop with various stakeholders as part of the process to review the 25th year of South Africa’s democracy. The workshop will be held at the Gallagher Estate in Johannesburg at 08h30
- From 4 to 8 December, the Department of Environmental Affairs in partnership with KwaZulu-Natal Economic Development, Tourism & Environmental Affairs and the eThekwini Municipality will host the 7th Conference to the African-Eurasian Migratory Waterbird Agreement at Durban.
- Ministers in the Justice, Crime Prevention and Security Cluster will on Thursday, 6 December, host a crime imbizo in Hillbrow, Johannesburg as part of National Imbizo Fortnight of Activism.
- The President of the Republic of South Africa, Mr Cyril Ramaphosa, will on Friday 07 December, deliver a keynote address at the 70th anniversary commemoration of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights at the Constitutional Hill, Johannesburg.
All members of the media are advised that the media briefings/activities are subject to change. However, the GCIS will update the media through advisories.
Ms Phumla Williams
Cell: 083 501 0139