28 August 2018
Government has scheduled the following briefings/activities for the week: 28 August – 02 September 2018. The activities, which are aligned to the National Development Plan and outlined in the Medium Term Strategic Framework 2014-2019, are undertaken to build a better South Africa.
- The President of South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa, will Tuesday, 28 August, host Prime Minister Theresa May of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on a working visit to South Africa.
- Minister in the Presidency responsible for Women, Ms Bathabile Dlamini together with the Premier of the Free State, Sefora “Sisi” Ntombela will on Tuesday, 28 August, attend an interactive Men and Boys Dialogue on Gender-Based Violence with the aim of uniting women and girls, men and boys, in pursuit of the national goals of women empowerment, gender equality and the achievement of a non-sexist society. The event will be held at Charles Mopeli Stadium in QwaQwa.
- The Minister of Telecommunications and Postal Services, Dr Siyabonga Cwele, is scheduled to lead the Department’s Imbizo and launch the free public Wi Fi programme in Impendle, KwaZulu-Natal on Tuesday, 28 August 2018 at 12h00. Minister Cwele is expected to use the visit to the district to update the councillors on the progress in the payment of social grants.
- The Minister of Science and Technology, Ms Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane, will on Tuesday, 28 August, host the Mama Albertina Sisulu Memorial lecture. The lecture will be delivered by Mama Sophie de Bruyn at Cathedral of St George the Martyr, Cape Town at 16h30.
- The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) will host an Official Handover Ceremony of Assistive Devices to disabled students who are funded through NSFAS. The Deputy Minister of Higher Education and Training, Mr Buti Manamela, will deliver the keynote address. The event will take place at the Sport Hall, University of Venda Disability Unit in Thohoyandou, Limpopo at 09h00.
- The Public Service Commission will on Wednesday, 29 August, brief the media on its quarterly bulletin titled the Pulse of the Public Service at the Public Service Commission House in Arcadia at 10h00. The bulletin covers the period 01 April to 30 June 2018.
- On Thursday, 30 August, the Deputy President of South Africa, David Mabuza, will respond to oral questions in the National Assembly in Cape Town.
- The Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Mr Senzeni Zokwana, will on Thursday, 30 August, host a media briefing of the farmer producer/register campaign at Manor House, Elsenburg Agricultural College, Western Cape at 14h00.
- The Deputy Minister of Communications, Ms Pinky Kekana will on Thursday, 30 August, speak at the launch of Google Digital Skills at the Ranch Hotel, Polokwane at 10h00. The Deputy Minister will also on Friday, 31 August, join a roundtable discussion on the positioning of women as content producers.
- The Minister of Communications, Ms Nomvula Mokonyane, will on Friday, 31 August, visit the SABC regional office in Limpopo, University of Limpopo.
- The Minister of Police, Mr Bheki Cele, will on Sunday, 2 September, pay tribute to the fallen heroes and heroines who lost their lives while performing their duties at the Police Memorial at the Union Buildings in Pretoria.
All members of the media are advised that the media briefings/activities are subject to change. However, the GCIS will update the media through advisories.
Ms Phumla Williams
Acting GCIS Director-General
Cell: 083 501 0139
Similar categories to explore