28 November 2018
Government has scheduled the following briefings/activities for the week: 26 November – 02 December 2018. The activities, which are aligned to the National Development Plan and outlined in the Medium Term Strategic Framework 2014-2019, are undertaken to build a better South Africa.
- From 26 to 27 November, The Department of Social Development will host the National Human Trafficking Indaba at Premier Hotel - The Winkler, White River in Mpumalanga Province. The Indaba is part of this year’s #16 Days of Activism on No Violence Against Women and Children Campaign.
- From 26 – 30 November, the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) will lead a business delegation on a Trade and Investment Mission scheduled to take place in the provinces of Pemba and Maputo, Mozambique. The Minister of Trade and Industry, Dr Rob Davies, will on Monday, 26 November, launch the Toyota Wessels Institute for Manufacturing Studies in Durban. The dti agencies will also present opportunities and compliance procedures to Small Medium Micro Enterprises (SMMEs) and large enterprises.
- Minister of Small Business Development, Ms Lindiwe Zulu, MEC for Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs, Mr Sihle Zikalala and the Executive Mayor of eThekwini Municipality, will, on Monday, 26 November, hand over tools and equipment to informal business owners in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal at 12h00. Minister Zulu, will also on Friday, 30 November, launch the revised definition of small enterprises in South Africa and also release the Annual Review of Small Enterprises and Co-operatives at Riversands Incubation Hub in Fourways.
- The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, will on Thursday, 29 November, host a World Fisheries Day celebration in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape. The theme of this event is focused on Small-Scale Fisheries and Aquaculture under the Operation Phakisa initiative.
- The Deputy President Mr David Mabuza and Health Minister, Dr Aaron Motsoaledi, will lead the World AIDS Day commemoration activities to be held in Dobsonville, Soweto on Saturday 01 December. The 2018 World AIDS Day will be commemorated under the theme: "Know your health status" which seeks to encourage people to know their health status by going for regular health screening and testing in order to live healthy lifestyles.
All members of the media are advised that the media briefings/activities are subject to change. However, the GCIS will update the media through advisories.
Cell: 083 501 0139