Government has scheduled the following briefings/activities for the week: 22 - 28 October 2018. The activities, which are aligned to the National Development Plan and outlined in the Medium Term Strategic Framework 2014-2019, are undertaken to build a better South Africa.
- From 22 to 23 October, the Minister of Communications, Ms Nomvula Mokonyane, will visit MaSisulu’s family home and Cofimvaba Hospital in Eastern Cape to celebrate the centenary of Albertina Nontsikelelo Sisulu.
- The Minister of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO), Ms Lindiwe Sisulu will on Monday, 22 October 2018, host the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the United Arab Emirates, His Highness Sheihk Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, for the Second Joint Commission between the Republic of South Africa and the UAE. The media briefing will be held at DIRCO, Media Briefing Room in Pretoria at 13h30. Later on the day, Minister Sisulu’ will also delivery an address at the Heads of Missions Conference taking place at DIRCO, Conference Centre in Pretoria at 15h00.
- The Deputy Minister of Communications, Ms Pinky Kekana will on Monday, 22 October, host a dialogue with the students of TUT Mbombela Campus on Albertina Sisulu Centenary.
- The Deputy Minister for Higher Education and Training, Mr Buti Manamela, will lead an Open Learning Seminar on Monday, 22 October, at the University of South Africa in Pretoria.
- The National Treasury will on Tuesday, 23 October host a media workshop, as part of equipping journalists with information to help them with their reporting of the Medium Term Budget Policy Statement (MTBPS) and related issues. The workshop will held at the Imbizo Media Centre, Parliament in Cape Town at 14h00. (With a video link to Tshedimosetso House, GCIS head offices in Pretoria). On Wednesday, 24 October, the Minister of Finance, Mr Tito Mboweni will present the MTBPS in Parliament at 7h00.
- On Tuesday, 23 October, the Minister of Tourism, Mr Derek Hanekom, will host Tourism Ministers from member states of the Indian Ocean Rim Association in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, to finalise processes towards the establishment a Core Group that will inform the implementation of tourism initiatives within the Association.
- The Deputy Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Mr Andries Nel will on Tuesday, 23 October, participate at the Conference on State Capture and its aftermath - Building Responsiveness through State Reform. The conference will take place at School of Tourism & Hospitality University of Johannesburg in Auckland Park at 14h00.
- The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) in partnership with the Newcastle Local Municipality will official launch of the NYDA Newcastle Full Service Branch on Monday, 22 October at Newcastle in KwaZulu- Natal.
- From 24 to 26 October, the Department of Arts and Culture will host the Inaugural BRICS Fashion Show and Fashion Business Forum at the Sandton City in Johannesburg during the South African Fashion Week. The fashion showpiece forms part of the 10th BRICS Summit recently hosted under the theme, ‘’Collaboration for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity in the 4th Industrial Revolution”.
- From 25 to 27 October, South African Investment Conference 2018. The Investment Conference will provide a platform to showcase growth and investment prospects in an economy with vast potential and enormous resources. Furthermore, the Conference aims to be a showcase of unique features, strengths, competitiveness, and attractiveness of South Africa as investment destination and trade partner.
- From 25 October to 26 October, the Minister of Small Business Development, Ms Lindiwe Zulu, will in partnership with the Small Business Development Institute and the City of Ekurhuleni, host the fifth National SMME Policy Colloquium. This year’s colloquiumwill be held under the theme: “THUMA-MINA: Creating and supporting economically active and viable township and rural economies”.
Ms Phumla Williams
Acting GCIS Director-General
Cell: 083 501 0139