20 August 2018
Government has scheduled the following briefings/activities for the week: 20 -26 August 2018. The activities, which are aligned to the National Development Plan and outlined in the Medium Term Strategic Framework 2014-2019, are undertaken to build a better South Africa.
- The Statistics South Africa will release the Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) 2017 report at a media briefing to be held on Monday, 20 August ,at Tshedimosetso House, GCIS head offices in Pretoria at 10h00. The CAPEX 2017 report provides a highlight on rand value of infrastructure expenditure by public sector institutions. NB: There will be a video link to Imbizo Media Centre, at Parliament in Cape Town.
- From 20 to 21 August, the SANParks, will hosts a media tour to the Kruger National Park to share information on anti-poaching and other conservation efforts in the park.
- On Tuesday, 21 August, Proudly South African will launch a brand new online platform for exclusively Proudly South African products that will make buying local easy for consumers at SABC offices in Johannesburg at 09h00.
- President Cyril Ramaphosa declared a Special Official Funeral Category 2 for the late Mrs Zondeni Veronica Sobukwe, the wife of the late Pan Africanist Congress founder Robert Mangaliso Sobukwe. The Official Memorial Service will take place on Wednesday, 22 August, at Graaff-Reinet Civic Centre in the Eastern Cape followed by the Official Funeral Service on Saturday, 25 August ,at the same venue.
- The Deputy Minister of Communications, Ms Pinky Kekana, will Friday, 24 August, participate in a march Against Gender-Based Violence followed by an economic opportunities exhibition at the Gompo Hall, Duncan Village in East London, Eastern Cape.
- The Deputy Minister of Higher Education and Training, Mr Buti Manamela, will on Friday, 24 August, host a BackChat with the Minister for Public Service and Administration, Ms Ayanda Dlodlo, on “Building State Capacity to meet socio-economic and judicial challenges faced by women. The BackChat will be held at University of Johannesburg, Bunting Road Campus in Gauteng at 18h00. This particular BackChat will focus on the public service and it’s relationship with women, young women in particular and what the ‘Challenges of a Women-Centered Developmental State, confronting issues of capacity, representativity and gender-based consciousness’.
All members of the media are advised that the media briefings/activities are subject to change. However, the GCIS will update the media through advisories.
Cell: 083 501 0139
Issued by Government Communication and Information System
Similar categories to explore