Government has scheduled the following briefings/activities for the week: 19 – 25 November 2018. The activities, which are aligned to the National Development Plan and outlined in the Medium Term Strategic Framework 2014-2019, are undertaken to build a better South Africa.
- Deputy President David Mabuza, will on Monday, 19 November, address the National Men’s Parliament at the Old Assembly, Parliament in Cape Town.
- The Minister of Cooperative Governance and Tradition Affairs, Dr Zweli Mkhize, will on Tuesday, 20 November, host a walkabout in Philipi in the Western Cape as part of theNational Imbizo Fortnight of Activism.
- The Minister of International Relations and Cooperation, Ms Lindiwe Sisulu, will undertake a visit to Moscow, Russian Federation, where she will co-chair the 15th session of the annual South Africa-Russia Intergovernmental Committee on Trade and Economic Co-operation (ITEC), scheduled for 19-21 November 2018. The South Africa-Russia Business Forum will take place on the margins of ITEC and present its report to the Ministerial Plenary session on 21 November 2018.
- On Monday, 19 November, Minister of Defence and Military Veterans, Ms. Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula will host a Gender Based Violence and Intimate Femicide Dialogue at the Apostolic Faith Mission in Kwathema, in partnership with almost ten NGOs in the area.
- From 19 to 24 November, The Department of Communications, will in the Free State Province, to conduct door to door registrations; activations at taxi ranks and public education at Municipality halls or multipurpose centres in all identified towns. The Free State Province is proud to be the first province to be switched off in December, 2018.
- President Cyril Ramaphosa will on Tuesday, 20 November 2018, host the President of the Federal Republic of Germany, His Excellency President Frank-Walter Steinmeier, on a State Visit to South Africa. The visit will take place in Cape Town.
- The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries in collaboration with the Department of Rural, Environment and Agricultural Development will host the 2nd National Extension and Advisory Services Awards in Mahikeng, North West on 20 November 2018. The awards will promote and create awareness about the imperative role Extension and Advisory Services play in the entire agricultural, forestry and fisheries’ development.
- The Deputy Minister for the Public Service and Administration, Dr Chana Pilane Majake, will on Monday 19 November, visit Tsomo, in Intsika Yethu Local Municipality in the Eastern Cape on community Imbizo to engage with local residents on issues of service delivery.
- On Wednesday, 21 November, Auditor General Kimi Makwetu, will release the audit results of the country’s national and provincial departments and their entities for the 2017-18 financial year at the Imbizo Media Centre in Cape Town.
- On Thursday, 22 November, the Chairperson of the IMC on the Centenary of Nelson Mandela and Albertina Sisulu, Minister, Mr Jeff Radebe, will launch the Women of Fortitude at the Union Buildings in Pretoria.
- The Minister of Communications, Ms Nomvula Mokonyane, will on Thursday, 22 November, host a dialogue to end violence against women and children in Sedgefield, Knysna as part of the National Imbizo Fortnight of Activism.
- Tourism Minister Derek Hanekom, will on Thursday, 22 November, address the first ever Africa Leaders Forum of the World Travel and Tourism Council in Stellenbosch, Western Cape. The Africa Leaders Forum will bring together travel CEOs, African Ministers and regional leaders to discuss issues such as travel facilitation and connectivity; community empowerment & wildlife; human capital development and the use of digital technology to enhance tourism growth.
- On Friday, 23 November, Ministers in the Justice, Crime Prevention and Security Cluster host a crime imbizo in Hillbrow, Johannesburg as part of the National Imbizo Fortnight of Activism.
All members of the media are advised that the media briefings/activities are subject to change. However, the GCIS will update the media through advisories.
Cell: 083 501 0139