18 November 2019
- The Minister of International Relations and Cooperation, Dr Naledi Pandor, will on Monday, 18 November, host a symposium under the theme: “The best path to a prosperous Zimbabwe", at the University of South Africa (UNISA), Muckleneuk Campus in Pretoria at 08h30. Minister Dr Naledi Pandor, will also on Monday, address the media regarding South Africa’s Presidency of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) for the month of October 2019 at UNISA Muckleneuk Campus, at 11h30.
- The Minister of Health Dr Zweli Mkhize, will on Monday 18 November visit Alexandra Community Health Centre to speak about the diabetes epidemic that faces South Africa at 10h30 – 13h30 The visit follows World Diabetes Day, which was officially commemorated on 14 November 2019, with the aim to raise awareness about the impact diabetes on individuals, families, the health system and society at large.
- On Monday, 18 November, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme will be embarking on a regional intervention outreach programme across the Northern Cape Province that will be led by the Deputy Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology, Mr Buti Manamela for the 2020 applications cycle. The outreach programme will be hosted at Jan Kempdorp and Grade 9 to 12 learners and out of school youth who wish to further their studies in 2020 at any public university or TVET college in South Africa.
- The Auditor-General Kimi Makwetu, will on Wednesday, 20 November, release national and provincial government’s audit results for the 2018-19 financial year at Imbizo Media Centre, Parliament in Cape Town at 11h00, with a video link-up to GCIS headquarters Tshedimosetso House, Hatfield in Pretoria.
- Tourism Minister, Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane will take a Sho't Left in Mpumalanga with five local tourists from 22 to 24 November 2019 as part of the holiday season campaign launch of the Department of Tourism.
- The Department of Employment and Labour will be bringing suite of integrated services to the community of Mdantsane on the 22-23 November 2019.These campaigns are aimed at creating awareness and promoting legislative processes driven by the Department whilst strengthening working relations between the Departments’ stakeholders and its clients.
- The National Department of Sports, Arts and Culture, Mr Minister Nathi Mthethwa, will on Friday, 22 November 2019 pay a special visit to Baba Vusamazulu Credo Mutwa, a Living Human Treasure in Mothibistad, Kuruman in the Northern Cape Province as part of the Living Human Treasure Project.
All members of the media are advised that the media briefings/activities are subject to change. However, the GCIS will update the media through advisories.
Phumla Williams - Acting GCIS Director-General
Cell: 083 501 0139
Media Statement date:
Monday, November 18, 2019