12 November 2018
Government has scheduled the following briefings/activities for the week: 12 to 18 November 2018. The activities, which are aligned to the National Development Plan and outlined in the Medium Term Strategic Framework 2014-2019, are undertaken to build a better South Africa.
- The National Imbizo Focus Week will take place from 12 to 25 November. The Imbizo Focus Week will provide a platform for members of the National Executive as well as provincial and local government leaders to undertake community meetings and Izimbizo countrywide, over this period, to demonstrate government’s implementation of the 2014-2019 Medium Term Strategic Framework and to respond to issues being raised by citizens, which impact on the safety, growth and development of our communities.
- On Monday, 12 November, the Minister of Finance, Mr Tito Mboweni, will host a "We will do a live Twitter Q and A session on the topic: SA Economy" at 11h00.
- The Minister of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO), Ms Lindiwe Sisulu, will on Monday, 12 November, host a briefing to appraise members of the press about a number of developments relating to the implementation of South Africa’s foreign policy. The briefing will be held at DIRCO Media Centre in Pretoria at 11h00.
- The Minister for Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Dr Zweli Mkhizem, will on Monday, 12 November, deliver a keynote address at the 13th National Municipal Managers Forum organised under the auspices of the South African Local Government Association at New Council Chambers, Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality, in Germiston. On Tuesday, 13 November, Minster Mkhize will lead the Inter-Ministerial Committee on Electricity Reticulation to update the Standing Committee on Public Accounts about plans to resolve the impasse between Eskom and the affected municipalities at Parliament in Cape Town. Minister Mkhize, will also lead a commemoration of the International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction to be held in the Northern Cape Province from 15 to 16 November.
The Minister of Small Business Development, Ms Lindiwe Zulu in partnership with the Global Entrepreneurship Network Africa will, on Monday, 12 November, launch the Global Entrepreneurship Week. The event will take place at the Africa’s first Start-Up Campus 22 on Sloane, in Bryanston, Gauteng. Minister Zulu, will also host the Second South African Business Incubation Conference from 15-16 November 2018 at the Emperors Palace Conference Centre, Kempton Park in Ekurhuleni. The conference will showcase innovative accelerators and incubators together with their innovative start-ups.
- The Deputy Minister of Tourism, Ms Elizabeth Thabethe, will on 12 November, host an Imbizo in Pretoria to engage with the community in Mabopane on tourism opportunities.
- The Deputy Minister of International Relations and Cooperation, Luwellyn Landers will undertake an official visit to the Kingdom of Spain to co-chair the 12th South Africa- Spain Annual Consultations with his counterpart, the Spanish Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Fernando Martín Valenzuela Marzo scheduled for 12 November.
- The Department of Public Works will host the 6th EPWP Summit on 13 to 14 November, at the Saint George Hotel and Conference Centre, Irene in Pretoria. There will also be an exhibition by all the public bodies displaying and showcasing their services and the impact of the EPWP within communities.
- On Thursday, 15 November, Deputy President David Mabuza will answer questions in the National Assembly.
All members of the media are advised that the media briefings/activities are subject to change. However, the GCIS will update the media through advisories.
Cell: : 083 501 0139