10 December 2018
Government has scheduled the following briefings/activities for the week: 10 – 16 December 2018. The activities, which are aligned to the National Development Plan and outlined in the Medium Term Strategic Framework 2014-2019, are undertaken to build a better South Africa.
- Minister for the Public Service and Administration, Ms Ayanda Dlodlo, will Monday, 10 December, host children who are disabled and orphaned in the Bitou Municipal area, Western Cape at 09h00. The Minister will also hand over certificates of completion to 100 unemployed young people from Bitou, who participated in the National School of Government’s Breaking Barriers to Entry programme.
- Minister of Police General Bheki Cele and National Commissioner General Khehla John Sitole will return to Port Elizabeth on Monday, 10 December, for a community engagement to address gang related crime and killings in the Northern areas.
- The Deputy Minister of Communications, Ms Pinky Kekana, will host a dialogue on gender- based violence on Monday, 10 December, in Parys, Free State. The dialogue is a partnership with the Ngwathe Local Municipality.
- The Public Service Commission in partnership with the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime and the University of South Africa will commemorate the 2018 International Anti-Corruption Day on Monday, 10 December, under the theme “Working together to enhance an environment where the rule of law prevails”. The event will be held at UNISA Senate Hall in Pretoria at 08h00.
- The Deputy Minister of Higher Education and Training, Mr Buti Manamela, will on Tuesday, 11 December, lead the youth outreach programme in Solomondale Park, Polokwane Municipality at 09h00. The outreach is aimed at out-of-school youth in townships and rural areas around Sebayeng. The expo will provide young people a platform to engage with the Deputy Minister and exposure to opportunities available to them across the Post-School Education and Training sector.
- On Wednesday, 12 December, the Department of Tourism will launch a recipe book on Espresso SABC 3, compiled by graduates from the Department’s National Youth Chefs Training Programme, which is dedicated to Albertina Sisulu.
- The fourth Science Forum South Africa will kick off on 12 December, with President Cyril Ramaphosa delivering the keynote address. Organised by the Department of Science and Technology, the SFSA provides a public platform for debating science and society. The event will take place over two and a half days, with the opening event at the University of Pretoria's Rembrandt Hall. The rest of the Forum will take place at the CSIR International Convention Centre in Pretoria.
- This years’ Reconciliation Day commemoration will take place on Sunday, 16 December, in Mthatha, Eastern Cape Province, under the theme, "The Year of Nelson Mandela and Albertina Sisulu, Liberators for Reconciliation". President Cyril Ramaphosa will address the Commemoration.
All members of the media are advised that the media briefings/activities are subject to change. However, the GCIS will update the media through advisories.
Ms Phumla Williams
Acting GCIS Director-General
Cell: 083 501 0139
Similar categories to explore