Tel: 012 4730346
Legal Services is responsible for providing effective and efficient legal services to the Department in order to ensure that the interests of the Department are protected against any legal risk. It is imperative for the Department to consider legal compliance, not only as a risk that needs managing, but as compliance with the law as a matter of good corporate governance and ethical behavior. The emphasis is on refocusing on value-based decision-making, not merely risk limitation.
Types of Legal services include among others:
- Drafting and vetting of domestic contracts and International Agreements;
- Development of Legislation;
- Management of Litigation;
- Provision of legal advisory services;
- Legal Compliance;
- Review of departmental policies.
Legal Services reports administratively to the Deputy Director-General: Corporate Services.