- Press will be restricted to designated areas.
- Designation of press to these areas has been determined on the basis of available space and an equitable selection from the list of press that requested accreditation
- No requests for accreditation will be entertained on 6 May.
- The list of accredited media for 6 May has been posted on Parliament’s website, the GCIS website and has been sent to accredited media by email.
- Breakfast and lunch will be served to accredited press at the GCIS premises at 120 Plein Street.
- Press information sheets will be available at accreditation tables. These have also been posted on Parliament’s website and the GCIS website and have been sent by email to all press on Parliament and GCIS distribution lists. The information sheets contain details about the order of proceedings on 6 May and contact numbers of Parliamentary and GCIS officials.
- From 6.00 to 9.00 at Committee Room 1 or 2, 120 Plein Street.
- Access is through 100 Plein Street. Please don’t use the Visitors’ Centre.
- Please bring along official identification (identity document or passport), when collecting your accreditation. You will be asked to sign receipt of your accreditation tag and/or bib.
Do's and don’ts
- Follow instructions from media management officials and security personnel.
- Wear your accreditation tag and bib while in the Parliamentary precinct.
- Schedule interviews ahead of the first sittings of the National Assembly and National Council of Provinces, if possible. For more information, please contact Thabo Masebe, on 082 410 8087 (Presidency) and Estelle Randall on 076 027 2181 or Lokile Molefe on 072 2964 336 (Parliament).
- Try to get into areas for which you have not been accredited.
- Crowd or block entry to Poorthuys or the New Wing.
- Erect temporary structures on the Parliamentary precinct for which you have not received clearance from Parliament’s Protection Services and the South African Police Service based at Parliament.
- Use a flash or tripod when photographing inside the National Assembly Chamber.
- Photograph during votes by secret ballot.
Issued by: Parliamentary Communication Services and Government Communications (GCIS)
Media Statement date:
Monday, May 4, 2009