Brent Adrian Simons (1970) has over 23 years’ experience in the fields of journalism, media liaison, communications strategising, election media strategy development, communication training experience and communications strategy development.
- Cape Times (internship 1991)
- South African Broadcast Corporation (SABC) as a Radio Journalist (1992 – 1995)
- 1995 – 2000 African National Congress (ANC) Western Cape Spokesperson (formed part of the National Training Team responsible for training and preparing ANC communicators for various election campaigns) and served as the ANC National Parliamentary spokesperson.
- Media Manager: SA Parliamentary Observer Mission – Zimbabwe Election 2000
- Joined GCIS in August 2000 as the Deputy Manager: Western Cape
- Media Liaison Officer for Minister Sydney Mufamadi and the former Department of Provincial and Local Government (2001 – 2005)
- Re-joined GCIS in 2005 as the Provincial Director: Western Cape
- October 2011 appointed as Chief Director: Training and Development
- Matriculated Bridgetown Senior Secondary School, Athlone, Cape Town, 1989
- National Diploma in Journalism: Peninsula Technikon 1992
- Bachelor of Technology (Cum Laude): Peninsula Technikon 1996
- MA Communications: University of Leeds 1999