The chief directorate IM&T provides strategic guidance relating to IM&T to the Government Communication and Information System (GCIS).
It is responsible for the establishment and support of IM&T systems for the GCIS. The unit also supports GCIS in the efficient and effective use of information and communications technology (ICT).
It is responsible for providing maintaining, supporting and providing ICT for the GCIS. The functions of the directorate are:
- providing IT support to all users at GCIS head office and provincial offices
- providing system and LAN administration of all servers at head office and provincial offices
- providing network, web and anti-virus security services at head office and provincial offices
- providing for disaster recovery and planning for IT head office and provincial offices
- evaluating trends and developments in ICT
Director: Cathy Chen
Tel: 012 473 0043
IMS is responsible for providing, maintaining and supporting information management systems for GCIS.
The functions of the directorate are:
- performing systems analysis, design and development for users within the GCIS
- providing direction and standards for system development within the GCIS
- coordinating outsourced system development projects, and supporting the relevant outsourced systems
- providing user training on systems developed in-house
- utilising new information technology to enhance the GCIS's information and information-management systems.