The chief directorate IM&T provides strategic guidance relating to IM&T to the Government Communication and Information System (GCIS).
It is responsible for the establishment and support of IM&T systems for the GCIS. The unit also supports GCIS in the efficient and effective use of information and communications technology (ICT).
Director: Malebo Mabalane
Tel: 012 473 0129
It is responsible for providing maintaining, supporting and providing ICT for the GCIS. The functions of the directorate are:
- providing IT support to all users at GCIS head office and provincial offices
- providing system and LAN administration of all servers at head office and provincial offices
- providing network, web and anti-virus security services at head office and provincial offices
- providing for disaster recovery and planning for IT head office and provincial offices
- evaluating trends and developments in ICT
Director: Cathy Chen
Tel: 012 473 0043
IMS is responsible for providing, maintaining and supporting information management systems for GCIS.
The functions of the directorate are:
- performing systems analysis, design and development for users within the GCIS
- providing direction and standards for system development within the GCIS
- coordinating outsourced system development projects, and supporting the relevant outsourced systems
- providing user training on systems developed in-house
- utilising new information technology to enhance the GCIS's information and information-management systems.