In line with government's mandate to make information accessible to all and bring government closer to the people, DoC has published the fifth edition of the Pocket Guide to South Africa.
Content of the quick-fact, easy-to-read publication is largely based on information contained in the latest edition of the South Africa Yearbook, which is also published by the DoC.
Similar to the objectives of the SA Yearbook, the Pocket Guide is also aimed at providing a useful reference tool to inform South Africans and the world of efforts of government and the people of South Africa to create a better life for all.
- Foreword and Contents [PDF] 824 kb
- South Africa at a glance [PDF] 746 kb
- History [PDF] 755 kb
- South Africa’s people [PDF] 283 kb
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries [PDF] 790 kb
- Arts and Culture [PDF] 1 000 kb
- Communications [PDF] 379 kb
- Economy and Finance [PDF] 711 kb
- Education [PDF] 993 kb
- Energy and Water [PDF] 758 kb
- Environment [PDF] 838 kb
- Government [PDF] 763 kb
- Health [PDF] 757 kb
- Human Settlements [PDF] 354 kb
- International Relations [PDF] 1 114 kb
- Justice and Correctional Services [PDF] 969 kb
- Mineral resources [PDF] 777 kb
- Police, Defence and Intelligence [PDF] 905 kb
- Provinces [PDF] 807 kb
- Rural Development [PDF] 813 kb
- Science and Technology [PDF] 853 kb
- Social development [PDF] 1 245 kb
- Sport and Recreation [PDF] 842 kb
- Transport [PDF] 826
- Tourism [PDF] 778 kb
- Reading list [PDF] 868 kb
Editors: Elias Tibane and Antonia Vermeulen
Tel: 012 473 0069
How to order:
To obtain a copy of the SA Yearbook 2013/14 or Pocket Guide to South Africa 2013/14, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your postal address, physical address and telephone numbers.