In line with government's mandate to make information accessible to all and bring government closer to the people, Government Communications (GCIS) has published the second edition of the Pocket Guide to South Africa 2004.
Content of the quick-fact, easy-to-read publication is largely based on information contained in the latest edition of the South Africa Yearbook, which is also published by the GCIS.
Similar to the objectives of the SA Yearbook, the Pocket Guide is also aimed at providing a useful reference tool to inform South Africans and the world on the efforts of government and the people of South Africa to create a better life for all.
- Foreword by President Thabo Mbeki [PDF] 175 kb
- History of South Africa [PDF] 85 kb
- South Africa's People [PDF] 74 kb
- Government [PDF] 110 kb
- The Provinces [PDF] 160 kb
- The Economy [PDF] 169 kb
- National Finances [PDF] 118 kb
- Doing Business in South Africa [PDF] 106 kb
- Foreign Affairs [PDF] 96 kb
- Communications [PDF] 95 kb
- Transport [PDF] 72 kb
- Agriculture, Forestry and Land [PDF] 103 kb
- Minerals and Mining [PDF] 90 kb
- Energy and Water [PDF] 105 kb
- Education [PDF] 168 kb
- Science and Technology [PDF] 103 kb
- Housing [PDF] 93 kb
- Safety and Security [PDF] 175 kb
- Justice and Correctional Services [PDF] 76 kb
- Social Development [PDF] 121 kb
- Environment [PDF] 79 kb
- Arts and Culture [PDF] 137 kb
- Tourism [PDF] 146 kb
- Health [PDF] 410 kb
- Sport and Recreation [PDF] 68 kb
Editor: Delien Burger
Tel: 012 314 2410
Fax: 012 323 2557
How to order:
To obtain a copy of the SA Yearbook 2004 or Pocket Guide to South Africa 2004, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your postal address, physical address and telephone numbers.