In line with government's mandate to make information accessible to all and bring government closer to the people, GCIS has published the fifth edition of the Pocket Guide to South Africa.
Content of the quick-fact, easy-to-read publication is largely based on information contained in the latest edition of the South Africa Yearbook, which is also published by the GCIS.
Similar to the objectives of the SA Yearbook, the Pocket Guide is also aimed at providing a useful reference tool to inform South Africans and the world of efforts of government and the people of South Africa to create a better life for all.
- Foreword and Content [PDF] 335 kb
- South Africa at a glance [PDF] 227 kb
- History [PDF] 407 kb
- South Africa’s people [PDF] 283 kb
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries [PDF] 348 kb
- Arts and Culture [PDF] 493 kb
- Communications [PDF] 379 kb
- Economy and Finance [PDF] 365 kb
- Education [PDF] 423 kb
- Energy and Water [PDF] 415 kb
- Environment [PDF] 407 kb
- Government [PDF] 384 kb
- Health [PDF] 322 kb
- Human Settlements [PDF] 354 kb
- International Relations [PDF] 375 kb
- Justice and Correctional Services [PDF] 376 kb
- Mineral resources [PDF] 1 181 kb
- Police, Defence and Intelligence [PDF] 360 kb
- Provinces [PDF] 578 kb
- Rural Development [PDF] 416 kb
- Science and Technology [PDF] 393 kb
- Social development [PDF] 382 kb
- Sport and Recreation [PDF] 426 kb
- Transport [PDF] 394
- Tourism [PDF] 364 kb
- Reading list [PDF] 1 330 kb
Editor: Antonia Vermeulen
Tel: 012 473 0019
How to order:
To obtain a copy of the SA Yearbook 2012/13 or Pocket Guide to South Africa 2012/13, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your postal address, physical address and telephone numbers.