In line with government's mandate to make information accessible to all and bring government closer to the people, Government Communications (GCIS) has published the first edition of the Pocket Guide to South Africa 2003.
Content of the quick-fact, easy-to-read publication is largely based on information contained in the latest edition of the South Africa Yearbook, which is also published by the GCIS.
Similar to the objectives of the SA Yearbook, the Pocket Guide is also aimed at providing a useful reference tool to inform South Africans and the world on the efforts of government and the people of South Africa to create a better life for all.
- Foreword by President Thabo Mbeki [PDF] 405 kb
- History of South Africa [PDF] 137 kb
- South Africa's People [PDF] 210 kb
- Government [PDF] 220 kb
- The Provinces [PDF] 112 kb
- The Economy [PDF] 83 kb
- National Finances [PDF] 116 kb
- Doing Business in South Africa [PDF] 197 kb
- Foreign Affairs [PDF] 224 kb
- Communications [PDF] 218 kb
- Transport [PDF] 58 kb
- Agriculture, Forestry and Land [PDF] 79 kb
- Minerals and Mining [PDF] 63 kb
- Energy and Water [PDF] 88 kb
- Education [PDF] 219 kb
- Science and Technology [PDF] 90 kb
- Housing [PDF] 60 kb
- Safety and Security [PDF] 69 kb
- Justice and Correctional Services [PDF] 70 kb
- Social Development [PDF] 70 kb
- Environment [PDF] 78 kb
- Arts and Culture [PDF] 118 kb
- Tourism [PDF] 198 kb
- Health [PDF] 232 kb
- Sport and Recreation [PDF] 56 kb
Editor: Delien Burger
Tel: 012 314 2410
Fax: 012 323 2557
How to order:
To obtain a copy of the SA Yearbook 2003 or Pocket Guide to South Africa 2003, please e-mail your request to email@example.com, stating your postal address, physical address and telephone numbers.