Property and Facilities Management is responsible for the procurement of office space for the Government Communication and Information System (GCIS). It oversees the planning, coordination and execution of the relocation of the department from old offices to the new offices and also serves as an agent for the GCIS by interacting with various stakeholders to ensure timeous project execution. The chief directorate provides advice and assistance to the department, including the regions in all office accommodation-related problems and is responsible for reaching the goals and fulfilling the purposes of the project and ensuring adherence to project timelines.
The functions of the chief director include:
- coordinating and providing project management services of all construction-related projects for the department
- drawing up all project plans for refurbishment, alterations and new buildings, and advise on implementation
- giving assistance and direction to the facilities management team in the department
- space planning management
- planning for procurement of assets and services
- formulating specifications and terms of reference
- maintenance management of all hard and soft facilities services.